Below are some of the leaky gut syndrome causes that have been identified by recent research.
1. Intestinal parasites, bacteria and viruses that find their way into the body though contaminated sources of food and water.
2. Deficiency of regular digestive enzymes causes a condition that’s similar to celiac disease and Crohn’s disease.
3. Overeating refined carbohydrates can worsen the leak causing intestinal contents to cross the gut lining and enter the blood stream.
4. Dyes, food preservatives and coloring material contain toxins that might worsen the leaking gut disease.
5. Psychological stress and anxiety are responsible for some cases presenting with symptoms suggestive of leaky gut syndrome.
6. Drugs like NSAIDs worsen gut permeability and their propensity to breach the intestinal mucous membrane makes them candidates for the cause of LGS.